Product added to cart
Assembly Technician-Level I
Assembly Technician-Level I-FL
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Lyman Products is seeking a full-time mechanical/electronic assembler for the Mark 7 Division of reloading equipment located in Fort Myers, Fl. Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Mark 7, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Uni-Dot®, Butch’s , A-Zoom®, and Targ-Dot® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
This position will be responsible for the fabrication and assembly of various mechanical and electronic assemblies. Work includes assembling intricate mechanical assemblies and electronic components. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within field. Works under general supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Utilize hand held tools such as a hand held screw and drill gun
- Performing soldering, wire stripping and electrical testing on electronics.
- Maintain inventory of product in work stations
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years mechanical assembly experience required
- Basic reading skills. Must be able comprehend technical drawings and work instructions.
- Familiar with basic hand tool, drill presses, arbor press and other basic assembly functions.
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Light manufacturing environment
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position; Days of work week are Monday through Friday. Overtime may be requested due to business conditions.
- regularly lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lyman Products is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or learning disability, past/present mental disorder, intellectual disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. Lyman also provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process.
The Job description has been approved by all levels of Management
Employee signature below constitutes employees understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
To apply, please contact:
Human Resources Manager